A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
The Patriotic Clapping Game
Keep clapping at your microphone as hard as you can to keep the American flag flying high, should you stop clapping and let it hit the floor then clearly you must hate freedom and/or be a communist.
Marathon: Like a patriotic Desert Bus, clap until you can clap no more in this test of endurance.
Survival: Short and stupid, clap faster and faster, embarrassing yourself in the name of Old Glory.
- Clap detection should now be much better at ignoring background noise and speech.
- Flag fall speed in marathon mode lowered to reflect being more difficult to exploit with speech.
- Added the old version to the download list, in case your microphone is an enemy of freedom.
- In the true spirit of Independence Day, Americlap's source code gets it's freedom. Do whatever you like with this poorly coded mess.
- A microphone is required to play Americlap.
- Headsets often don't play nice.
- Americlap will use your default microphone.
- As sensitivity will vary from device to device, you may need to adjust the recording level of your installed microphone.
- On Windows this is set in 'Recording devices' - 'Microphone Properties' - 'Levels'.